Open Day 13 June 2020 – free for first time visitors!
Morecambe Bay Naturist Club hosts an annual open at Silverglades from 10.00am on the second Saturday of June.
DUE TO CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN, THE JUNE OPEN DAY IS POSTPONED
If you have not been to Silverglades before, there is no charge for the first 24 hours of your visit
If you’d like to stay longer you’ll only pay for the subsequent day(s)
More details will be found on the Open Day page
Can’t make the Open Day? Attending as a Day Visitor
Please note it can be difficult to arrange visits on the same day of enquiring. We need a few days notice to make arrangements for a committee member to accompany visitors. MBNC is a members-lead club and visitors are not allowed on site unaccompanied
As a guide, we can almost guarantee at least a Committee Member will be on site at:
- The AGM on the second Saturday in September
- Our annual Open Day on the second Sat in June, all welcome.
- Committee meetings, usually on the second Saturday of the month from March to October
- The Apr 2020 committee meeting is on the first Saturday (04/04/20) to avoid Easter weekend
- The May 2020 committee meeting is on the first Saturday (02/05/20) to avoid May Bank Holiday
- Nature Saturdays, usually on the last Saturday of the month from March to September.
- The March 2020 Nature Saturday is on the third Saturday (21/03/20)
- Midweek afternoons, usually on Tuesdays from March to September commencing 1pm – weather permitting!
Outside the above days, we will do our best to facilitate your visit but cannot guarantee the availability of any particular dates or pitches. We have members who live close to Silverglades who will be pleased to meet you on site, given sufficient notice of your visit. It’s a good idea to check the weather forecast first, as members are less likely to turn out when rain is forecast.
On your first visit, you will be asked to show photo ID and proof of address. Please ensure you have these with you. We do not take copies, we just want to ensure you are who you say you are
More than 3 days
Day Visitors wishing to stay in more than 3 continuous days are encouraged to become Full Members. (Your 3 Guest Days will count as your 3 Prospective Member visits).
The advantages of becoming a Full Member are:
- You will have free day visits/camping for the remainder of the year
- You will not have to accompanied by a Full Member
- You will be given the padlock codes for gate so you can come and go freely
- You will have 24 hour access to the clubhouse
- You will be able to store belongings on site between Mar-Oct
- You will be able to bring accompanied guests onto the site (but they will be asked to pay a day fee)
- You will have access to occasional newsletters and updates
- You will have a say at the AGM
- You will have access to the Members Area of the website
Please refer the Fees Table for costs
Guidelines for Members and Visitors
Members and Visitors must bring their own water and be prepared to be self-sufficient on site. Note that unless there is a club member present there will be no access to the club house.
Take ALL litter and rubbish home. Leave the site clean and free from debris.
Whilst on the site, remain tidy and be considerate to other users
Generally we love pets, but if dogs are brought onto the site they must remain under control at all times and not disturb other site users. Any fouling is to be scooped up and taken home by the owner. Some green bags are available in the club house in case of “emergencies”, but please be responsible and bring your pet’s own!
Silverglades is a “wildlife-friendly” site so please do not bring any pets that are liable to chase or otherwise disturb the local wildlife.
We allow smoking outdoors at Silverglades but, for safety, all smokers MUST use the ashtrays provided as large parts of the site will be a fire risk in dry weather. We are, of course, subject to the Smokefree regulations from 1st July 2007 (there are no exemptions for private clubs), so the clubhouse is a no-smoking area.
Parking is restricted to the lower areas only, below the clubhouse. We do not allow vehicles onto higher parts of the site except for those who require such access because of disabilities – please make contact prior to your visit so that special arrangements may be made.
You may read more site information for visitors here
Members may read site information for members here
Page created 2020/May/26 last updated 2020/01/30/14:00