CURRENT STATUS: 27/06/20 (updated with minor amendment 04/07/20 and 19/07/20)
Silverglades is currently open to members and their accompanied guests only. We are not accepting unaccompanied day visitors. We will however arrange visits for prospective members, accompanied by a committee member
If you are interested in joining, please contact the MBNC Secretary on 07467 246690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current arrangements for visiting Silverglades
Effective from 04/07/20:
• It remains an individual decision whether or not to visit Silverglades. Visits should be influenced by any public health guidance issued at the relevant time and by your own personal circumstances
• When travelling (including by private car), observe the Safer Travel Guidance (see link)
• All Members should be especially aware of the need for those who are 70+ or vulnerable, to socially distance. Please give them plenty of space.
• You MUST NOT visit Silverglades if you have been told to shield, or if you or anyone you have been in contact with has symptoms of coronavirus
• MBNC will use on-site signage, the website, newsletters and emails to remind members and guests of the arrangements currently in place including: 2m social distancing; not to gather in groups of more than 6; to wash hands regularly or to use handgel.
• Every Member or Guest MUST bring their own 70% alcohol handgel and be prepared to show they have done so if requested by another Member.
• MBNC can not provide hand-washing facilities, therefore Members (and their Guests) should also bring with them a quantity of water, soap, and paper towels or equivalent, for hand washing (in addition to 70% alcohol handgel)
• Anyone camping MUST bring with them a quantity of water, soap, and paper towels or equivalent, for hand washing (in addition to 70% alcohol handgel)
• Anti-bacterial handgel gives no protection against viruses and MUST NOT be used as a substitute for 70% alcohol anti-virus handgel or soap and water
• Handgel MUST be used before and after: opening or closing the gate; locking or unlocking the padlock; touching any items which other people may then touch (such as the toilet tent, portable toilet, the Club’s gardening tools)
• You MUST sign in at Silverglades every day you are present, by email using email@example.com
• You MUST provide your name. You should also include a contact telephone number.
• Couples must sign in separately (eg, 2x emails, even if from same email account)
• If you bring a guest/s, they must also sign in using firstname.lastname@example.org etc
• To assist with NHS Test and Trace, MBNC will collect the personal data (name, email, phone number) of every person attending Silverglades and store this information for 21 days in case NHS request the data.
• By attending Silverglades you are deemed to have consented to this use of your personal data. If you wish to opt out of Test and Trace, contact email@example.com
• If you are unable to sign in by email for any reason, use the contact form at tinyurl.com/signin-mbnc (an email account is not required). As a last resort you may sign in by text to 07854 056138
• While the signing-in book is unavailable, signing in as above is also required to activate our British Naturism insurance. Only Initials and dates will be transferred from emails (or contact forms) to the signing-in book
• After 21 days, emails to firstname.lastname@example.org (and contact forms) containing personal details will be permanently deleted
• If any payment is required (eg from a Prospective Member, or a Member’s accompanied Guest) it MUST be made by bank transfer only (no cash). Bank details are available from the Secretary email@example.com
Clubhouse, sheds and portable toilet etc. :
• The Clubhouse and decking are out of bounds, as access to shared facilities, where social distancing is not possible, is not allowed
• The sheds are out of bounds as cleanliness can not be maintained (Martin Rowe and Peter M will cut the grass and will clean any items they touch)
• The garden furniture is out of bounds as cleanliness can not be maintained. Members may bring their own furniture, but do not leave it at Silverglades
• The portable toilet is accessible, but it is now in a toilet tent (there is no access to the decking area)
• The Club MUST provide one method of hand cleaning at the toilet. Without a water supply, the Club can only supply 70% alcohol anti-virus handgel. PLEASE do not use this for the gate, padlock, etc. (use your own handgel instead)
• MBNC has provided anti-virus wipes for cleaning the portable toilet surfaces before and after each use. The wipes are impregnated with a 99.99% effective bactericide and virucide and comply with EN 14476 and EN 1275 standards
• Please wipe over all the toilet surfaces, and place the used wipes in one of the plastic bags provided. If possible, use just one wipe before using the toilet, and one after. Do not dispose of wipes in the toilet. Please take the used wipes and bag home with you for disposal.
• Toilet paper can be put down the toilet
• The handgel and wipes for the toilet are on a wooden frame inside the toilet tent. You may place this frame outside the tent in a shaded area during your stay at Silverglades but please return the frame to the tent before leaving
• No rubbish of any kind is to be left on site. Members and Guests MUST take all rubbish home (including used anti-virus wipes)
Signage to be displayed:
• Laminated signs at the car park and Clubhouse, reminding people of the need for social distancing, keeping to the maximum of 6 in a group, and to frequently use handgel / hand washing
• Laminated signs listing rules currently in place, at the car park and Clubhouse
• Laminated signs about hygiene and cleaning, for the portable toilet
• Laminated signs asking members and visitors to take all litter etc home
Use of site:
• Signing-in by email , web form, or text (see above)
• Members may bring their Guests but payment is in advance by bank transfer (see above)
• Members are responsible for their Guests and should ensure they comply with all the arrangements in place
• Camping by Members (and their Guests) is allowed from 04/07/20
• Prospective Members may attend, accompanied by a Committee Member. Only one visit at £15 (single or couple) is needed prior to applying for membership.
• Payments in advance by bank transfer only. New members will serve 1 year as a Probationary Member so that their behaviour may be monitored
• Silverglades remains closed to unaccompanied guests
Previous Coronavirus Situation updates
UPDATE 5: 05/06/20 reopened to members only
UPDATE 4: 01/06/20 Silverglades remains closed. The committee are looking to see if and when it may be possible to reopen with new hygiene measures in place
UPDATE 3 : 13/05/20 Although there have been some changes to the lockdown rules, our site “Sliverglades” remains closed to all members and visitors
UPDATE 2 : closure extended to at least 28/05/20
UPDATE 1 : due to the extension of CV restrictions we will have to stay closed until 07/05/20 at least
23/03/20: We have closed Silverglades with immediate effect. This closure will initially be for three weeks from 23/03/20 to 12/04/20 at which point the Government will look at the stay-at-home rules again and relax them if the evidence shows this is possible.
Page last updated 2020/Jul/19